Certificate: Business Relationship Management Professional (Official Exam)
Duration: 3 days
Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced Online
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Business Relationship Management Professional certification. The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers (BRM) at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge regarding the BRM role and how well-cemented and effective BRM disciplines can positively impact overall business results.
There is also focus and details provided for the Four Core BRM Disciplines:
- Demand Shaping stimulates, surfaces and shapes business demand for provider services, capabilities and products. It ensures that business strategies fully leverage provider capabilities, and that the provider service portfolio and capabilities enable business strategies. Most importantly, Demand Shaping is focused on optimising the business value realised through provider services, capabilities and products—that low value demand is suppressed while higher value demand is stimulated.
- Exploring identifies and rationalises demand. Business Relationship Management helps sense business and technology trends to facilitate discovery and demand identification. Exploring is an iterative and ongoing process that facilitates the review of new business, industry and technology insights with potential to create value for the business environment. The key benefit of this discipline is the identification of business value initiatives that will become part of the provider portfolio of services, capabilities and products.
- Servicing coordinates resources, manages Business Partner expectations, and integrates activities in accordance with the business partner-provider partnership. It ensures that business partner-provider engagement translates demand into effective supply requirements. Servicing facilitates business strategy, Business Capability Road mapping, portfolio and program management.
- Value Harvesting ensures success of business change initiatives that result from the exploring and servicing engagements. Value harvesting includes activities to track and review performance; identify ways to increase the business value from business-provider initiatives and services, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles. This process provides stakeholders with insights into the results of business change and initiatives
During this course, you will learn to understand the key principles, techniques, tools and processes central to the BRM role and discipline. Specifically, your will learn and understand:
- The characteristics of the BRM role
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services
- How Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximise realised business value
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimise “value leakage”
- The BRM role in Service Management and how to align services and service levels with business needs
- How to communicate effectively and persuasively
This program is specifically designed for the following roles:
- IT, HR, Finance AVPs VPs, Directors & Managers
- Business Relationship Managers or those in similar roles
- Quality Managers & Service Level Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Enterprise and Service Architects
- External Service Providers
- Representatives of shared services organisations
- Anyone interested in maximising business value
The exam is closed book with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50% (25 out of 50 questions). The exam lasts 40 minutes. The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper-based or online.
There are no prerequisites for this course. We do strongly recommend attendees currently hold, at a minimum, a tactical level managerial position.
You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers. In addition, graduates of the course qualify for a designation, BRMP®.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom format.
The BRMP® Guide To The BRM Body Of Knowledge
The BRMP® Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge is designed to assist the Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training course attendees and certification exam candidates, but it will also be of great value to anyone looking for a comprehensive foundation-level overview of the art and practice of Business Relationship Management. The book covers the entire BRMP® course syllabus and contains all the information covered in the training and referenced in the exam.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
15-17 April 2019
Singapore – Public
29-31 July 2019
Kuala Lumpur – Public
23-25 September 2019