What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and more—over the internet. Companies offering these computing services are called cloud providers and typically charge for cloud computing services based on usage, similar to how you are billed for water or electricity at home. The underlying structure of Cloud Computing powers the modern world. Most applications and mobile device use the underlying technology and architecture of Cloud Computing.
Pink Elephant provides the Big Data courses based on the content of Cloud School. Cloud School is dedicated to excellence in the fields of cloud computing technology, architecture, security, governance and capacity. A collection of courses establishes a set of vendor-neutral industry certifications with different areas of specialization. Founded by best-selling author Thomas Erl, this curriculum enables IT professionals to develop real-world cloud computing proficiency. Because of the vendor-neutral focus of the course materials, the skills acquired by attaining Cloud School certifications are applicable to any vendor or cloud platform.
Why should my organization use Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a big shift from the traditional way businesses think about IT resources. What is it about cloud computing? Why is cloud computing so popular? Here are 6 common reasons organisations are turning to cloud computing services:
- Costs. Cloud computing eliminates the capital expense of buying hardware and software and setting up and running on-site data centers—the racks of servers, the round-the-clock electricity for power and cooling, the IT experts for managing the infrastructure. It adds up fast.
- Speed. Most cloud computing services are provided self service and on demand, so even vast amounts of computing resources can be provisioned in minutes, typically with just a few mouse clicks, giving businesses a lot of flexibility and taking the pressure off capacity planning.
- Global Scale. The benefits of cloud computing services include the ability to scale elastically. In cloud speak, that means delivering the right amount of IT resources—for example, more or less computing power, storage, bandwidth—right when its needed and from the right geographic location.
- Productivity. On-site data centres typically require a lot of “racking and stacking”—hardware set up, software patching and other time-consuming IT management chores. Cloud computing removes the need for many of these tasks, so IT teams can spend time on achieving more important business goals.
- Performance. The biggest cloud computing services run on a worldwide network of secure data centers, which are regularly upgraded to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. This offers several benefits over a single corporate data center, including reduced network latency for applications and greater economies of scale.
- Reliability. Cloud computing makes data backup, disaster recovery and business continuity easier and less expensive, because data can be mirrored at multiple redundant sites on the cloud provider’s network.
What Cloud Computing Courses can I take?
Pink Elephant offers the following modules based on the Cloud School program:
If you want to know more about the program or learn whether these Cloud School courses are suitable for you, you can always contact our office for further advice.