3-Day COBIT 5 Foundation Course
- Certificate: COBIT 5 Foundation (official exam)
- Duration: 3 days
- Format: Classroom or Virtual
This three day, instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT® 5, ISACA’s latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
This course is primarily intended for:
- Senior IT Leaders & Managers
- Business Process Owners & Business Process Consultants
- IT/IS Auditors, Internal Auditors
- IT Consultants
- Individuals who wish to be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor
The exam is closed book with forty multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50% (25 out of 50 questions). The exam lasts 40 minutes. The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or online.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of IT Governance concepts will be helpful.
Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs)
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom and virtual format.
Pink Elephant COBIT 5 Course Workbook
Students will receive a COBIT 5 Foundation classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams. All Classroom Workbooks are standard delivered as e-materials. It is however possible to order hard copy course booklets.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
27-29 August 2018
Hong Kong – Public
29-31 October 2018
Singapore – Public
17-19 December 2018