3-Day DevOps Essentials Course
- Certificate: DevOps Essentials
- Duration: 3 days
- Format: Classroom or Virtual
This certification course, designed by Pink Elephant, provides a new and unique perspective of DevOps through the ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation.
What is the ‘Full Stack’ approach?
As a major game changer in IT, the DevOps revolution has brought about new practices in the application development and systems operations areas that can help your organisation deliver IT services better, faster and cheaper. This course identifies the three critical success factors that make up the ‘Full Stack’ approach, including:
- Changing culture
- Improving practices and processes
- Leveraging automation technologies
When you return to work, you will know how to be an effective, contributing member of a DevOps culture. Understanding how simply working more collaboratively amongst key teams and leveraging automation solutions will result in better business results for your customers. Completing this highly practical course and achieving certification validates that you know specific principles, methods, models, and tools that are all essential to becoming a valued DevOps and Agile professional within your organisation.
Upon successful completion of DevOps Essentials, you will be able to articulate the benefits of implementing the Full Stack of DevOps culture, practices and automation. This will allow your organisation to meet a progressive set of expected outcomes, enabling improved quality, higher speed and a reduction in costs.
- Describe what DevOps is, and what it isn’t
- Explain the approach of thinking about the critical success factors of DevOps as a ‘Full Stack’ of culture, practices and automation and determine what it means for your organisation
- Explain the need for DevOps as a solution to problems facing organisations today
- Summarise how the need for more value from IT drives the business towards DevOps
- Summarise the cultural, structural and technological barriers that IT faces when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed and cost and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today’s organisations
- Explain the basic concept, principles and scope of DevOps, including ‘The Three Ways’ and accelerators such as Lean and Agile that are supporting the evolution and emergence of the movement
- Summarise the key cultural values, service management, project management and software development processes and technologies that enable DevOps
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms culture and better organises people to solve the cultural and structural challenges facing IT
- Explain the way that DevOps structures teams and people within an organisation in support of its culture, processes and technologies
- Describe how DevOps practices’ transform processes, utilising Lean, Agile and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT
- List the ways in which DevOps transforms and organises technology through automation and the utilisation of new tools to solve the technological problems facing IT
Anyone who is interested in learning more about DevOps. This course is especially applicable for people in application development (Dev) departments and people engaged in service management (Ops) activities.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the DevOps Essentials certificate, granted by Professional Designations. The exam is a 1-hour multiple-choice question paper.
There are no prerequisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of Service Management or Application Development concepts will be helpful.
Project Management Institute – professional development units (PDUs) = 21.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom and virtual format.
Pink Elephant DevOps Course Manual
Fees & Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
15-17 August 2018
Singapore – Public
18-20 September 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
12-14 November 2018
Singapore – Public
17-19 December 2018