What Is IT Asset Management?
IT Asset Management (ITAM) is gaining widespread adoption around the globe. As IT expenditures continue to grow along with core IT functions becoming available as a service and as regulatory and licensing pressures continue to increase, individuals involved in IT Asset Management need to become more specialised and more skilled. Having a complete IT asset repository better enables the service desk by providing contractual, financial, warranty, supplier, licence, and lease details.
IAITAM®, which has been established for 13 years, has the only documented ITAM architecture along with the only established certification program recognised worldwide, including courseware and exams. Throughout this time IAITAM has built up high-level material within a body of knowledge spanning 13 volumes and 12 knowledge areas. Founder and President Barbara Rembiesa is globally recognised for her outstanding contribution to setting and raising standards for IT Asset Management. This is reflected in the unbeatable depth of knowledge IAITAM has acquired and upon which it has built its prestigious certification program.
The IAITAM certification curriculum counts towards a Master’s Degree in IT Asset Management at the William Howard Taft University, which attests to the rigor of the certification material. More information about this can be found here.
The Benefits Of IT Asset Management
Benefits of IT Asset Management for organisations include:
- Significantly reductions in compliance risks and penalties associated with software audits
- Significant cost savings and better management of IT assets, which is the second-largest expenditure for most organisations
- Reduction of the risks inherent with the growth of “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD)
- Ensuring proper disposal of retired IT assets in a time of increased regulatory requirements
- Establishing the optimum level of maintenance agreements and software licence agreements and negotiating better pricing and terms
What IT Asset Management Courses Can I Take?
Pink Elephant offers the following courses in IT Asset Management:
Please contact any of our Pink Elephant staff if you have any questions regarding the IT Asset Management Programme.