ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle Course (official exam)
- Duration: 5 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced Online
Managing Across the Lifecycle is a five-day course that provides a holistic picture of the critical learning points and knowledge IT management staff require on key organisational topics such as: governance structures, roles, functions, process dependencies, complementary frameworks, service assessments and the management of change issues related to the ITIL® service lifecycle. After taking this course, you will be better equipped to understand the strategic design, deployment and management of the capabilities and resources required by the full IT service lifecycle.
Specifically, this course addresses the interfaces, interactions and organisational requirements between the processes addressed in the five core ITIL® publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
This course also prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert certification.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination related to this certification:
- Introduction to IT Service Management (ITSM) Business and Managerial Issues Positioning and transitioning the Lifecycle. Using open loop and closed-loop systems, the relationship between Business and IT, and how to achieve business value
- Management of Strategic Change. Determining critical success components, benefits, value, and costs dynamics. Planning the alignment, scope, resources, capabilities, communication, quality, knowledge transfer, business relationship management and retiring of services
- Risk Management. Identification, evaluation, analysis, correction and control of internal and external risks. Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of ITSM. Activities during Plan, Do, Check, Act, strategy aspects, the 4P’s of Strategy Identify the considerations for policies, strategy, design, and transition. Activities such as guiding, leading, monitoring, controlling, evaluating and communicating
- Understanding Organizational Challenges. Organizational maturity, structure, transition, governance, and achieving balance in Service Operations, Knowledge management and security of information
- Service Assessment. Service measuring and reporting, monitoring, benchmarking and assessing achievements. Corrective action and Improvements from a Business Perspective
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance. Understand the value of and distinguish between the complementary practices and how they support ITIL® initiatives
Individuals involved in any or all phases or the lifecycle of services and processes, and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service delivery within an organisation.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. A 120-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of ten (10) multiple-choice, scenario-based, and gradient scored questions. To help prepare attendees for the final exam, twenty sample exam questions are delivered during the course. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have acquired two (2) credits from the ITIL® Foundation certificate and, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits from ITIL® Intermediate qualifications, for a total of at least 17 credits. Your certificates must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
You will attain 5 ITIL® credits and will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
The course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations about the Management of the ITIL® Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ‘ITIL® Expert’ Managing Across the Lifecycle certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
26-30 November 2018
Singapore – Public
17-21 December 2018