ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis Course (official exam)
- Duration: 5 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced Online
This official ITIL® capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL® processes needed to create a stable IT infrastructure that businesses can rely on. It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL® concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Event Management
- Access Management
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support and Analysis. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL® Expert” certification. See the ITIL® certification scheme for more details.
During this course you will learn:
- How OSA processes and functions bring value to the business in supporting the service lifecycle
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Incident Management: Focuses on restoring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Problem Management: Focuses on the prevention of Problems and the elimination of recurring Incidents
- Request Fulfillment: Manages the fulfillment of requests for services, with a goal of providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity
- Event Management: Focuses on any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Access Management: Grants authorised users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorised users
- In-depth review of these critical related functions: IT Operations Management, Technical Management, Application Management and the Service Desk
- The impact operational support and analysis has on operational activities and other processes such as Change, Configuration, Release & Deployment, Capacity, Availability, Knowledge, Financial, and IT Service Continuity Management
- Technology and implementation considerations
Individuals involved in the Operational Support and Analysis processes and functions identified above, and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organisation.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Operational Support and Analysis. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is a mandatory prerequisite.
You will attain 4 ITIL® credits and will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
The course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations within the Operational Support and Analysis stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Operational Support and Analysis certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Singapore – Public
30 July-3 August 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
3-7 September 2018
Singapore – Public
1-5 October 2018