ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimisation Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimisation Course (official exam)
- Duration: 5 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced Online
This official ITIL® capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL® processes needed to create a stable IT infrastructure that business can rely on. It includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL® concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Planning, Protection and Optimization. In addition, this certification contributes 4 credits towards the “ITIL® Expert” certification. See the ITIL® certification scheme for more details.
During this course you will learn:
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Capacity Management: Ensures cost justifiable IT capacity always exists and is matched to the needs of the business
- Availability Management: Ensures the level of service availability is matched to, or exceeds, the needs of the business
- IT Service Continuity Management: Supports the overall Business Continuity Management process, ensuring that required IT technical and service facilities can be resumed within agreed timescales
- Information Security Management: Part of the overall corporate governance framework this process ensures that IT and business security are aligned
- Demand Management: Identifies patterns of business activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- How the Risk Management processes work in the context of these processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for the key processes
- Important considerations for continual improvement of these processes
Capacity Managers, Availability Managers, IT Service Continuity Managers, Disaster Recovery Managers, IT Security Managers, IT Risk Managers, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Planning, Protection and Optimisation. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is a mandatory prerequisite.
You will attain 4 ITIL® credits and will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimisation Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations within the Planning, Protection and Optimisation stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Planning, Protection and Optimisation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Singapore – Public
10-14 June 2019
Kuala Lumpur – Public
7-11 October 2019
Singapore – Public
16-20 December 2019