ITIL® Release, Control and Validation Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Release, Control and Validation Course (official exam)
- Duration: 5 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced Online
This official ITIL® capability certification course enables you to master the key ITIL® processes needed to properly plan for service transitions; assess changes; build, test and deploy releases; validate changes before they go into production; evaluate the changes once they are in operation to ensure that the benefits have been realised while minimising adverse effects; and transfer the right level of knowledge to the right people, through effective and efficient Configuration and Knowledge Management systems.
The course includes a mix of instructor-led training and hands-on exercises to help participants learn about the practical application of the ITIL® concepts, organisational structures, roles, functions and process activities related to the following processes:
- Change Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Release, Control and Validation. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL® Expert” certification. See the ITIL® certification scheme for more details.
During this course you will learn:
- Service Management as a practice and how it creates business value
- In-depth review of the key processes, and their associated activities, functions, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors:
- Change Management: Enables successful service transition
- Service Validation & Testing: Ensures the integrity and quality of the transition
- Release & Deployment Management: Ensures the proper building, testing and deploying of a release
- Service Asset & Configuration Management: Monitors the state of the transition
- Request Fulfillment: Ensures the effective and expedient fulfillment of service requests and provides a standard for evaluation
- Evaluation: Reviews whether the performance and value of a service is acceptable
- Knowledge Management: Enhances ongoing management decision support and service delivery capability
- Technology and implementation considerations for these processes
Change Managers, Release and Deployment Managers, Configuration Managers, Network Managers, Infrastructure Managers, IT Managers and Directors, and any IT professional involved with the processes described above.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Release, Control and Validation. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is a mandatory prerequisite.
You will attain 4 ITIL® credits and will attain 32 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Release, Control and Validation Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations within the Release, Control and Validation stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Release, Control and Validation certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
6-10 August 2018
Singapore – Public
19-23 November 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
10-14 December 2018