ITIL® Service Design Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Service Design (official exam)
- Duration: 4 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced
This comprehensive official ITIL® lifecycle certification course will provide you with critical knowledge and practical guidance regarding the management principles and core concepts required to design new or modify existing IT services. The ITIL® Service Design publication focuses on the holistic design requirements related to people, process, technology and governance needed to convert strategic objectives into value focused IT service portfolios.
The scope of Service Design is not limited to new services. It includes the changes and improvements necessary to increase or maintain value to customers over the lifecycle of services, the continuity of services, achievement of service levels, and conformance to standards and regulations. It guides organisations on how to develop design capabilities for service management.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Service Design. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL® Expert” certification. See the ITIL® certification scheme for more details.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- The relationship between business value and service design
- The principles of balanced service design (functionality, resources, schedule)
- How to identify meaningful service requirements
- The relationship between service, application, infrastructure and data architectures
- The key roles and organisational capabilities of service design
- The relationship of design constraints to service utility and warranty
- The advantages and disadvantages of various strategic sourcing and delivery models (insourcing, outsourcing, co-sourcing, etc.)
- Review of Service Design processes, and their associated policies, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Interaction of Service Design processes with other Service Lifecycle processes
- Technology and implementation considerations for Service Design
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, and any IT professional involved in the design of IT services.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Design. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is a mandatory prerequisite.
You will attain 3 ITIL® credits and will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
The course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Service Design Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations within the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Service Design certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
18-21 June 2018
Singapore – Public
15-18 October 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
17-20 December 2018