ITIL® Service Strategy Course
- Certificate: ITIL® Service Strategy (official exam)
- Duration: 4 days
- Format: Classroom, Virtual or Self-Paced
This comprehensive official ITIL® Service Strategy lifecycle certification course will provide you with the knowledge and management principles required to formulate IT service strategy and the organisational capability to provide the vision and forward direction for Service Management. Attend this course to understand a practical approach to the processes and functions required to move an IT organisation from a focus on technology to a strategic approach to managing the Service Portfolio and the ITIL® processes necessary to deliver value to the business.
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Service Strategy. In addition, this certification contributes 3 credits towards the “ITIL® Expert” certification. See the ITIL® certification scheme for more details.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the following core Service Strategy principles:
- Dynamics and forces impacting IT management
- Defining services and how services can deliver value to the customer market spaces
- The impact of external markets, customer requirements and continual service improvement on the Service Strategy
- Organisational structures and provider types supporting an IT Value Network
- Defining and managing the relationship between business and IT services and the demand for those services
- Defining customer value creation
- Defining and managing IT financial measures for success
- The strategic benefits of service based costing and recovery
- Conducting strategic assessments and dealing with market uncertainty
- A practical approach to creating a Service Management strategy
- Review of Service Strategy processes, and their associated roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks and critical success factors, including:
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
- How to measure Service Strategy and create return on investment
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, and any IT professional involved in the management of Service Strategy.
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL® Intermediate Certificate: Service Strategy. A 90-minute exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. It consists of eight multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions. A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is a mandatory prerequisite.
You will attain 3 ITIL® credits and will attain 25 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
This course is available in public and in-house classroom, virtual classroom and self-paced online format.
ITIL® Service Strategy Workbook
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology and implementation considerations within the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Pink Elephant’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Fees and Registration
Singapore – Public
27-30 August 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
26-29 November 2018