2-Day Lean IT Foundation Course
- Certificate: Lean IT Foundation (official exam)
- Duration: 2 days
- Format: Classroom or Virtual
IT organizations are constantly seeking new ways to improve customer satisfaction, service quality and value for the business. Lean IT is applied to transform your IT organization to a customer-focused, efficient and transparent IT organization that can deliver sustainable results to the business.
The Lean IT Foundation training covers all elements to introduce you to Lean IT. After completion of the training, you will be able to participate effectively in a Lean IT transformation program. This Foundation level course is the first in the new Lean IT certification program defined by the Lean IT Association. It is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
Based on the core principles of Lean, the two-day Foundation level certification course will help IT departments become more business-value oriented, removing waste, inflexibility and variability. The principles of Lean IT are applicable to all IT operations regardless of industry or sector. Any organization effectively applying Lean IT will notice increased user and customer satisfaction, reductions of IT costs, increased productivity, and ability to manage demand more efficiently.
Lean IT is built on the proven Lean and Six Sigma practices developed in manufacturing organizations around the world, and the new courses have been tailored for IT processes (including ITIL®, COBIT®, etc.). Regardless of which framework or standard your IT organization has chosen, the central focus of Lean IT is about learning how to assess a process to eliminate waste, where waste is defined as something that adds no value to a product, service, or output.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the origin and development of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies, and key elements
- Understand and be able to identify the concept of waste
- Learn about and how to apply Lean analytical tools
- What is and how to apply A3 Thinking
- What is and how to apply the cycle of continuous improvement: Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Go Look and See (fact not emotion)
- Value Stream Mapping
- What is the concept of “Kaizen” (System, Process, Activity)
- Standardize Work Practices
- What is and how to apply 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Visual Workplace (eliminate visual and mental noise)
- Be able to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your organization
- Be able to initiate, document, and implement process improvements
- Reduce costs by eliminating waste and inefficiencies in your IT infrastructure and processes
- Increase productivity through improved resource management
- Increase user and customer satisfaction by focusing on delivering value
At Pink Elephant we strongly believe that “Lean Thinking” needs to be a part of Every IT professional’s toolkit. Already, many roles from service desk analysts through to process owners, team leads and supervisors, department managers and also including CIOs, have taken this course and benefited greatly from a deeper understanding of how to assess business processes to identify and eliminate waste.
The exam is closed book with forty multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 60 minutes. The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper-based or online.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of IT Processes and concepts will be helpful.
Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Foundation certificate, the student will be recognized with 0.5 credits in the ITIL® qualification scheme. Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 15.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom and virtual format.
Lean IT Foundation: Increasing the Value of IT
The Lean IT Foundation Guide is explicitly designed to help practitioners, employers and academics define and practice Lean IT successfully. Written by Mike Orzen, one of the pioneers of the domain of Lean IT, this guide contains all necessary information successfully pass the Lean IT Foundation examination.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
25-26 June 2018
Jakarta – Public
6-7 August 2018
Singapore – Public
17-18 September 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
12-13 November 2018