3-Day Lean IT Kaizen Course
- Certificate: Lean IT Kaizen (official exam)
- Duration: 3 days
- Format: Classroom or Virtual
Kaizen is an improvement philosophy in which continuous, incremental improvement occurs over a sustained period of time, creating more value and less waste, resulting in increased speed, lower costs and improved quality.
This is a hands-on 3-day course that teaches and equips individuals to define, facilitate and lead Lean IT Kaizen improvement initiatives. The course teaches students how to effectively use the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) improvement model leveraging the Lean A3 problem identification and planning tool to complete a full improvement cycle.
This certification course provides the knowledge, skills and methodology required to identify, plan and implement incremental service and process improvements focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any process or value stream. It also prepares for the Lean IT Association Kaizen certification exam.
The 3-day course is very comprehensive and teaches how to be a highly effective Lean Kaizen Lead. During the course participants will:
- Understand Lean principles related specifically to leading a Kaizen event
- Understand how to apply the Lean A3 tool to support continual improvement
- Gain practical how-to knowledge of how to use of the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement model as a structured improvement methodology
- Learn about improvement scoping and validation
- Learn how to gain voice of customer input and establish critical to quality requirements
- Learn how to apply and use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) techniques to identify process waste and speed improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use root cause analysis techniques to support problem analysis
- Learn how to identify, select and use various improvement options
- Understand how to establish effective controls
- Understand how to establish methods to improve quality and mistake proof future process activities
The course is designed for IT practitioners interested in expanding their practical knowledge and skills to lead targeted Lean improvement initiatives focused on continual service improvement, including:
- Managers tasked with department level process improvements
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Software developers
- Quality assurance managers
- IT Consultants
- Any roles responsible for quality, efficiency and continual service improvement
The exam is closed book with forty multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 90 minutes. The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper-based or online.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your Lean IT Foundation Certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course.
You will attain 19 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom and virtual format.
Lean IT Kaizen Lead – Implementing Lean IT Principles
The Lean IT Kaizen Guide is explicitly designed to help practitioners, employers and academics define and practice Lean IT successfully. Written by Mike Orzen, one of the pioneers of the domain of Lean IT, this guide contains all necessary information successfully pass the Lean IT Kaizen examination
Official Lean IT Syllabus
The Official Lean IT Kaizen Syllabus describes all the necessary information you will need to understand in order to successfully pass the Lean IT Kaizen examination. You can download the LITA Lean IT Kaizen Syllabus here.
Fees and Registration
Kuala Lumpur – Public
14-16 November 2018