Certificate: Change Management Foundation (Official Exam)
Duration: 3 Days
Format: Classroom or Self-Paced Online
The Organisational Change Management Foundation course provides participants with a basic but solid grounding in the Principles of Change Management, as they are summarised in the reference literature. The Change Management foundation course is aimed to get the basics to understand why change happens, how change happens and what needs to be done to make change a more welcomed concept. In particular, such course should be delivered in organisations looking for insights into different frameworks and ways of approaching change at an individual, team and organisational level.
The 3-day Organisational Change Management Foundation course provides essential information and tools to understand change, guidance on overcoming employee resistance, learning to motivate employees to embrace change and sustaining change to keep your organisation moving in the right direction.
This course is delivered using a case study and an exercise kit designed to further enhance and cement the candidates understanding of the subject. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated Change Management Foundation certification test, which is a requirement for attending the Change Management Practitioner course. Mock examinations are provided and used as a preparation to the final test.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key drivers of an organisation’s culture and recognise different types of change processes
- Recognise the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process
- Explain how individuals are impacted by change, different ways they may respond to change situations and how learning processes help them adapt
- Offer insights on how organisations work, how the process of organisational change occurs and the typical roles that collaborate to deliver successful change
- Outline important aspects of how to build and equip a change team to improve effectiveness
- Be aware of what key areas need to be considered when planning organisational change
- Understand the difference between management and leadership
- Take the Change Management Foundation Certification exam
This program is designed for those leading, managing and supporting organisational change initiatives including:
- C-level leaders
- Change Leaders – VPs, Directors, Senior Managers
- Program, Project and Business Managers
- Business Change Managers (Change Agents)
- Business Analysts
- Development and Planning Managers
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners
- Consultants and Facilitators
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers
An exam is provided on the afternoon of day three of the course. The closed-book, 40 minute exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions, and requires a passing grade of 50% (25 marks of 50) to receive the Organisational Change Management Foundation Certification. This examination is administered and marked by APMG.
There are no prerequisites for this course. This is a managerial level course and experience in a management and leadership role is recommended.
You will attain 21 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers with PMI.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom format.
The Effective Change Managers Handbook
The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook is explicitly designed to help practitioners, employers and academics define and practice change management successfully and to develop change management maturity within their organization.
Fees and Registration
Singapore – Public
13-15 May 2019
Kuala Lumpur – Public
8-10 July 2019
Singapore – Public
21-23 October 2019