Certificate: Organisational Change Management Practitioner (Official Exam)
Duration: 2 days
Format: Classroom Course
The Change Management Practitioner course provides participants with in-depth understanding in the principles of change management, as they are summarised in The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook. The change management practitioner qualification is designed to provide robust knowledge for anyone involved in organisational change initiatives. Successful candidates will have the knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute constructively to teams specifying, developing, implementing and sustaining change initiatives.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor change management guidance in a given organisational change situation. A successful practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the change management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual change management expertise, the complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of change management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the practitioner can achieve.
This course is delivered using a case study and an exercise kit designed to further enhance and cement the candidate’s understanding of the subject. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to successfully take the associated Organisational Change Management Practitioner certification exam. Mock examinations are provided and used as a preparation for the final exam.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the organisational drivers of a change initiative and the links that initiative has with any governance structures (i.e. strategic, programme or project governance)
- Use a range of organisation paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking into account the culture of the organisation
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan and understand any particular organisational change
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process
- Contribute effectively to the preparation for a change initiative, including building the change team and offering insights that improve team effectiveness
- Offer relevant insights during discussions about how to prepare people for change, including planning for learning and motivational issues relevant to different roles and types of people
- Help colleagues understand the difference between organisational change and the human impact of transition and suggest practical leadership actions at different stages of a change
- Support the identification and mapping of stakeholders in a change process and help develop approaches to build and maintain stakeholder engagement
- Draft the communications plan for a change initiative, taking into account the various stakeholders and an appropriate range of communication channels
- Recognise signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organisation
This programme is designed for those leading, managing and supporting organisational change initiatives including:
- Senior Managers: VPs, AVPs, Directors
- Programme, Project and Business Managers
- Change Leaders and Managers
- Business Change Managers (Change Agents)
- Business Analysts
- Development and Planning Managers
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners
- Consultants and Facilitators
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers
An exam is included on the afternoon of day 2 of the course and is 2.5 hours in duration. The exam is restricted open book – The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook may be used for the exam. This examination is administered and marked by APMG.
A strong understanding of change management concepts is recommended. In order to take the practitioner course, participants must successfully pass the APMG International Change Management Foundation exam with a pass rate of 50% or higher.
You will attain 12 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers with PMI.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom format.
The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook
The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook was explicitly designed to help practitioners, employers and academics define and practice change management successfully and to develop change management maturity within their organisation.
Fees & Registration
Singapore – Public
16-17 May 2019
Kuala Lumpur – Public
11-12 July 2019
Singapore – Public
24-25 October 2019