3-Day SCRUM Master Course
- Certificate: Certified Agile Scrum Master (official exam)
- Duration: 3 days
- Format: Classroom or Virtual
Being Agile, increasing speed to market and delivering value in shorter cycle times is a critical business capability. To achieve these goals organizations are changing their project methods from linear waterfall approaches to iterative methods, which promote adaptive and shorter delivery cycles.
These changing pressures demand a new approach to development, project management approaches and require skilled professionals who understand how to adopt, apply and scale Agile practices. Scrum, the most popular Agile methodology is a framework for developing and sustaining complex products through releases and sprints to productively and creatively enhance product value.
The Scrum Master role is a unique blend of leader, coach, project manager and team captain requiring specific skills and capabilities. This practical 3-day certification course provides students with the critical knowledge and skills needed by professionals whose role it is to facilitate and enable Agile teams and lead Agile transformations. A key factor that makes this course unique is that it goes beyond the concepts of managing the Scrum process to providing students with direction on how to overcome resistance and to manage the organizational change required to A.D.A.P.T. Agile.
- Build Awareness
- Develop Desire
- Develop Ability
- Promote Agile approaches
- Transfer Agile into the rest of the organization
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, practice and validation of these critical skills.
The course is designed as an intermediate level introduction to the core topics associated with the role of an Agile Scrum Master. Specifically, by the end of this course, participants will understand:
- Concepts of Agile and Scrum including the “Agile way of thinking”
- Applying Agile to other frameworks such as IT Service Management
- Managing, coaching and mediating cross-functional teams
- The Scrum Master relationship to other key roles such as the Product Owner and the Development Team
- Detailed Scrum Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Backlog Management
- Release and Sprint planning
- User Story Estimation techniques
- Monitoring of Scrum projects including Burn-down charts, Kanban boards
- Advanced Scrum concepts including applying and scaling Scrum in large, complex projects and within distributed teams
- Agile tooling and workspace management
- Leading Agile adoption and transformation projects
This course is applicable to anyone working in the fields of IT and project management particularly those leading projects and development efforts and sponsors looking to understand and introduce an Agile culture.
The exam is closed book with forty multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts 90 minutes. The exam can be taken in two formats: Paper based or online.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, although a basic knowledge of development principles will be helpful.
]Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 16.
The course is available in (public and in-house) classroom and virtual format.
Pink Elephant SCRUM Master Course Manual
Fees and Registration
Singapore – Public
15-17 October 2018
Kuala Lumpur – Public
3-5 December 2018